Project Director of Peace Trust
A BRIEF PROFILE OF THE DIRECTOR
CHILD HOOD :
- Hailed from an insignificant, poor family from a remote village in South India.
- Father, a Hindu, before marriage. Became a devoted Christian later.
- I was the youngest boy to the family of 5 and obedient to my parents, elders, and Church circles and in school.
- During adolescence, I, turned out to be a very mischievous, disobedient and a headache to my parents. I was not the type of boy any one would have desired.
- However, by the Grace of God, perhaps due to the fasting and prayers of my devoted parents, once again I turned out to be a good boy.
- I had excellent gentlemen as my Lectures during College days and they led me to be studious and also be very active in Spiritual and community matters.
- The weekends and spare time was spent on Spiritual Camps and meetings with student groups and Missionary Movements.
- I had an excellent memory and was in the forefront of the College.
- Although, the Course in the Medical College, demanded very hard effort and late night study. Here too my Lord gave me the needed intellect and guidance.
- In the midst of my important studies I squeezed in time to lead Spiritual Meetings and in helping the poor and needy.
- I successfully hurdled the tough Medicine Studies and entered the world equip spiritually and as a Dr. of Medicine.
- As a Physician I could feel the pulse of the poor, uncared for, the destitute, disabled and the sufferers of this life. This motivated me to become social minded.
- The Lord opened the way for me to become an Office Bearer in many of the Leading, Christian, Charitable and other organizations, where the main stream of the suffering community are involved.
Faith Based Initiatives:
- “Fight the good fight with all thy might, Christ is thy strength and Christ thy right, Lay hold on life and it shall be thy joy and crown eternally…” motivated by this, in a very humble beginning, a Ministry, with a family or two was carried out in the remote village areas of Vellankuli, Peramani and surrounding areas, about 10 years back.
- This small beginning blessed by the Spirit of the Lord, has grown into larger propositions. A Church has been built at Peramani for the worshipping community in the villages, surrounding.
- The Believers worshipped in a thatched shed. Now, His Grace has very recently built a Community Hall cum Church.
- Completed the Diploma in Medical Legal Services Symbiosis-Pune.
- Completed the Fellowship in HIV Medicine (FHM), from Christian Medical College, Vellore.
- Completed Diploma in Family Health Medicine from the Sri Lanka University, Sri Lanka.
- Doing M.A criminology through the distance Education programme from the MS University.
Paying attention to Stigmatised and Life Style Diseases:
- Haemophilia, being a genetic disorder and the ratio being 1 to a population of 10,000, were a neglected lot. Studying their problems and needs A Haemophilia Chapter, Tirunelveli, was started. This serves the needs of the neighbouring districts of Tuticorin and Kanyakumari. Now they are well served with drugs and their needs are addressed.
- With the participation in the World Haemophilic Federation Congress, in Vancouver, Canada, the Chapter should grow to great heights.
- Seeing the plight of HIV infected families for lack of care centres prompted me to open a Community Care Centre exclusively for them and today it is a beacon of light to those infected and affected by HIV.
- Peace Trust, parades in the forefront as one of the Leading Voluntary Organisations, in Tirunelveli District .
- Prior to Peace Trust & Peace Health Centre I served in close liaison with other NGOs, Medical Representatives, Religious Bodies and like-minded friends.
- RASTRIYA EKTA Award for Communal harmony by the Rajiv Gandhi Foundation, New Delhi by the Prime Minister Mr.Deva Gowda in 1996.
- Achievement Award by Lions Club Tirunelveli.
- Award for Best Branch Secretary by Indian Medical Association.
- Appreciation award for IMA Tirunelveli Branch by Indian Medical Association.
- Vocational Excellence Award presented by Rotary Club Tirunelveli.
- Best Hospital Award given by CSO, Chennai.
- Wedding Bells sounded and the family of my better half, Mrs. Beulah Angeline a Headmistress, cared for Kirubai Illam Naraikinar Orphanage. The cares and needs of this poor Orphanage became part of my concern and every effort is taken to bring it to a stable financial position.
- At this stage, the Lord gave me the Vision, for Peace and in course of time Peace Trust was born. This motivated me to work and provide medical assistance to the warring factors during the communal disturbances for which I was awarded the Rastria Ekta Awarded by the Prime Minister of the day.
- Like Joseph, who served wine to Porthipar, as a Physician I happened to be invited to heal the family of the District Collector and other higher Officials. This opened and paved the way for greater involvement with the needy, diseased and poor sections while opening the door for good relationship with Government Departments.
- I have a heavy responsibility, being involved with the District Juvenile Board which also inspired me to look into Drug Addicts, De-addiction, a Short stay Home for women in difficult circumstances and a Hospice for the terminally ill due to HIV/AIDS, Cancer and other critical ailments.
- Another dream of mine was to own a Super Specialty Secondary level Hospital. However, this has been fulfilled as Peace Health Centre, a 30-bedded Secondary Level Speciality Hospital serving the community. It was certified by ISO-2000 as “The Cleanest Hospital” in Tirunelveli District.
- 7th International Congress on AIDS in Asia and Pacific in Kobe in Japan in 2005
- 27th International Congress of the World Haemophilia Federation in Vancouver, Canada in 2006
- World Christian Doctors Conference, Neiropy, Kenya in 2012.
- World Christian Doctors Conference, Mexico in 2013
- Community Based Voluntary Counselling and Testing an alternative strategy in Kobe, Japan International AIDS Congress.
- Treating Hemophiliacs A with minimum Factors in Resource Restricted Situations.
- Death Patterns in People Living with HIV/AIDS in Tirunelveli District.
- Information, Education and Communication materials for Prevention. Care and Support and Safe migration in HIV/AIDS activities.
- Information, Education and Communication materials for cancer prevention